Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Last Summer Dress (For Now)

After 3 foggy and chilly summers in San Francisco, I was actually looking forward to spending a "real" summer in Europe - but so far it's more rain than heat. Not that I'm complaining - I love the rain and the fog, but I would love to wear my summer dresses again... So, since July is almost over, I decided that this is the last summer garment that I make for this year and that I will start sewing fall and winter clothes. There's a leather jacket on my list as well as a couple of dresses from fabrics that I have in my stash. Back to this dress: I wanted to make a bustier line shirt or dress for a long time and here it is. The pattern is self drafted, I just went from my kimono sleeve shirt pattern and drafted the bustier line. Zoe has a tutorial on her blog for a similar t-shirt. The grey fabric has unfinished edges and I stitched it to the black top yoke with a twin needle. Pretty easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment